Would like the java.sql.DriveManager to have a capability to emit a classification of diagnostics (rather than just turning logging/trace on/off).
JDBC DriverManager setLogStream() could be useful for a SQL monitor
tool. Unfortunately there is no categorization of diagnostics that can
come out from a driver. This makes it difficult to filter out classes
of diagnostics. Is there another existing or planned interface to allow
for categorization of diagnostics? Here are the categories we provide
in our SQL Monitor tool in Delphi:
1) Prepared Query Statements. Any diagnostics used in the preparation
of a statement and setting of paramaters (open, set, close)
2) Executed Query Statements. Actual execution of statements, return
3) Statement Operations. Result set operations, (ie next, get field
4) Connect /Disconnect. (Connection operations.)
6) Blob I/O.
7) Miscellaneous. Option settings for a connection, etc
8) Vendor Errors.
9) Vendor Calls. Much like how the odbc bridge echos odbc calls being