Name: mc57594 Date: 06/18/97
I am writing a JAVA applet using "Canvas", and what I would like to
- to get Key Event on "Canvas"
- to display the character according to the Key hit on "Canvas"
Now I get Key Event using handleEvent method and cast Event.key to
String and do drawString.
This schime was working OK on JDK1.0.2 for Win95, but
when I run the same applet on JDK1.1.1, it doesn't work
in the French environment with the following problems:
- On French keyboard, when you hit "1" key in base shift, it should
input "&", but instead, I get "1", which is x31
- All the keys in the first row of French keyboard don't work;
I don't get the expected character values.
- However, on the second row, when you hit "Q" key, I get "a", and
this is the expected result.
This problem occurs even if I recompile my applet
My environment is:
WIndows95 GM with English/French/Russian ebabled