Name: mf23781 Date: 11/19/98
* This only happens on Windows 95, not NT
* Same error happens with Classic and hotspot alpha 2
* I'm using 1.2 FCS K
* Run CaffeineMark 3.0 from appletviewer (appletviewer runtest.html )
- click 'run all tests'
- the first 2 runs work OK
- at the 3rd run, when it reaches the graphics test, the test starts to repaint
all the icons and parts of open windows on the desktop
- the test runs to completion, but graphics, image and dialogue scores
drop to around 10% of the previous values
* Hardware is IBM ThinkPad model 760 XD, running 166 Mhz Pentium
* Adapter is IBM ThinkPad(Cyber9385/82) PCI
* Driver is IBM v 4.0 xgiw95a.drv,*vdd,*vflatd,xgivdd95.vxd
* Display is set to High Colour(16 bit), 1024 * 768
I tried this on w95 using 1.2 RC2.
The first two runs seemed OK.
On the third run I got the following :
java.lang.NullPointerException: disposed component
at sun.awt.windows.WGraphics.createFromComponent(Native Method)
at sun.awt.windows.WGraphics.<init>(Compiled Code)
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.getGraphics(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.Component.getGraphics(Compiled Code)
at ImageAtom.initialize(Compiled Code)
at BenchmarkUnit.loopsPerSecond(Compiled Code)
at CaffeineMarkBenchmark.run(Compiled Code)
This seems to be a system resource problem.
I retested with the resource meter active.
System Res User Res GDI Res
Before the first run 85 88 85
Before the second run 53 88 53
Before the third run 19 88 19
After the exception 0 88 0
I also tested 1.1.6 and 1.1.7, both of which seem to free the resouces.