Running with JDK 1.3 pre-FCS build M. Source code is attached. When
run the test window has 5 tabs in a TabbedPane: (1) "AWT Labels",
(2) "AWT TextFields", (3) "Swing Components", (4) "Java2D Stroke", and
(5) "Java2D Fill". Each of the panes presents an string using
(1) Plain, (2) Italic, (3) Bold, and (4) BoldItalic fonts. Generic fonts
are used: (1) Serif, (2) SansSerif, (3) Monospaced, (4) Dialog, and
The non-English characters in the Swing Components, Java2D Stroke,
and Java2D Fill panes are not rendered.
The set of symptoms observed in Ladybird (1.3.1) represents an improvement.
(1) The SanSerif and Dialog rows in the Java2D Stroke
pane are blank. The other rows are shifted right.
(2) All rows of the Java2D Fill pane are shifted right.
(3) The language string is bad in one character.
This set of symptoms occurs in three locales on Solaris 7: mk_MK, ru, and sr_SP.