Name: dmR10075 Date: 12/08/2000
It is regression from the focus works, bug is not reproducible on Merlin b34.
The system configuration to reproduce:
Solaris 5.7 on x86, CDE(or dtwm) or Enlightenment.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Run the test case attached to report.
2. Frame will appear with Button and lightweight component.
3. Press Tab several times to be sure the focus is in the frame - focus wil change from Button to lightweight.
4. Press several character keys - the output will show key events dispatched in Java with source as Button or lightweight.
5. Click on Button(or press Space). Note that Button got focus.
6. Window without decorations will appear.
7. Click on Window.
8. Press several character keys - the output will show key events dispatched in Java with source as window
9. Press Space, window will be hidden. Frame gets focus back.
10. Press Tab, any other keys - no events will be displayed in output.
11. Click on Button again - it will not get the focus on click.
This behaviour has very bad outcome because any Swing application having menu or combo-box that displays popup window out of the main frame(using underlying AWT Window) causes the frame to lose focus forever(see the workaround however).