reproducible platforms: WindowsNT, 2K, ME Japanese
Merlin build : beta-refresh b75
After file is loaded properly, JTextArea or JEditorPane become not editable.
I saw this problem on WindowsNT, 2K and ME.
1. Launch Notepad demo.
2. Select "File->open" or click an icon for "Open a file" and open any text file (ex. README.txt whicn is located on the Notepad demo's directory.)
3. Click on the editor area.
Then, the editor is not editable and a cursol does not appear on it.
However, dragging mouse on the text, it can be hilighted and edit action from Edit menu can work. (the edit action by short cut key such as Ctrl + C or V can not work)
4. Press Alt + Halfwidth/Fullwidth key to activate Japanese input mode.
Then, input mode can not be changed.
* This problem is not reproducible every time; somtimes occurs, sometimes not.
It is Windows NT that the possibility that this problem is repdoducible is higher than other Windows machine.
*If this problem does not occur on a first trying, open a file again, then it can be reproducible.
*I tested some Windows NT and 2K.
I saw the problem on all of them though it does not occur everytime I launch tha case.
*This is not reproducible with Merlin-beta.
I attached JTextAreaTest and JEditorPaneTest.
The problem is reproducible with the cases.
1. Compile JTextAreaTest.java, JEditorPaneTest.java and UIMangerMenu.java.
2. Launch JEditorPaneTest or JTextAreaTest.
follow the 3 and 4 above.
* After the problem occurs, changing L&F(the default is Metal L&F), the text is no more hilighted.