Testing with beta-refresh b75 on Windows, repaint problem is seen in CharView test case when characters are drawn by Graphics.drawString.
I confirmed that the problem occurs on WindowsNT, 2000, ME and 98.
1. Extract attached file "CharView.zip".
2. Compile all extracted java files.
3. Launch CharView.
4. Select "Graphics.drawString" from the choice which "Button" is selected by defalult.
5. Change the font by selecting one of the fonts listed in the choice.
Then, you can see the problem.
Repainting can not work properly.
Characters displayed originally keeps displayed and the original characters and the characters to which new font is applied are overlapped.
7. Change the style by selecting one of the styles listed in the choice.
Then, the same problem is seen.
* Changing the point size does not cause this problem.
* Re-selecting "Graphics.drawString" or hitting a return key in the text filed for unicode, this problem dissappears.
This problem is not reproducible with b74.
So this is a regression.