Repainting function does not work well when the application uses text rotating.
Testing with Merlin beta2 b76 on Solaris8/9 Sparc, Solaris8 x86 and RH Linux6.2JUupdate, the problem is seen on all of these platforms.
This is not seen on Windows.
- Compile an attached program, Graphics2DTest.java.
- Invoke Graphics2DTest.
Then, a Frame appears;
1) It has some choices for seclecting text attributes at the top and bottom of the Frame
2) Four line of ascii chracters are displayed on the left corner at the top on Canvas.
3) Lines of characters which starts with \u0000 are displayed below 2).
4) 8 lines of "Graphics2D: drawString" are displayed with rotation at each 45 degree angle at the center of the Canvas.
- Select any size.
Then, you can see the repainting problems occur below;
a) the new selected size should be applied for all chacacters, but it is not.
b) The same lines as 3) above are displayed at the other wrong poston;
they are displayed also at the space between 225 and 315 degrees.
The new selected size can be applied only for the space.
- Select any font or style.
Then, you can see the same problems above.
- Changing the frame size or making the frame iconed and restore it for repainting again, all of the chacacters are displayed properly.
This problem started to be seen in the same build as 4491131 also appeared (b75) and they may be related each other.
(* However, 4491131 is seen on Windows, however, this problem is not seen on Windows.)
Testing with b76 and b77 on Windows2000, this problem is reproducible.
However, this is not reproducible on Win98, NT and ME.
I verified the fix with b80 on Solaris 8 Sparc, Solaris8 x86, RH Linux6.2 and Windows 2000.