Testing with merlin-beta3 b83,
the problem that JMenu with mnemonic + holizontal allow key can't work properly on swing text component on Windows using Windows L&F is seen.
I tested on WinNT, Windows2000 and Windows98.
Only on WinNT, this problem is not seen.
The same problem was seen in beta-refresh(filed as 4472032) and the fix is verified in beta3 b80,
* In 4472032 the problem for both of Windows and Solaris for all L&F was reported.
The fix was verified in beta-refresh b79 on Solaris and Windows except Windows L&F and the complete fix was verified in b80.
however, I found the same problem for Windows L&F on Windows in b83 testing and
it turned out that this is reproducible from b81.
1. Compile attached program, JTextAreaTest.java and UIManager.java
2. Launch JTextAreaTest on Windows machine execept WindowsNT.
4. Press a right allow key to select "Edit" menu.
3. Press "Alt + F" keys to open "File" menu.
Then, "Edit" menu is opened, however, a focus is lost and menu item can not be selected.
* When 4472032 existed, a focus was moved onto JTextArea and cursol was on the JTextArea, howeever, in b83 a cursol dissappears.