Name: ktR10099 Date: 10/22/2001
package-visible class EventDispatchThread is mentioned in many places
(in specs for interface ActiveEvent, classes InvocationEvent,
AWTPermission, EventQueue) but its purpose, properties and behaviour
aren't described properly, though many classes depends on them. The
precise understanding of how it works is nececcery for writing correct
and robust java applications. For example,
1. when it's being created? on creating event queue, or when first event queued in it?
2. Is there one EventDispatchingThread for one queue, or is it shared between all event
queues in JVM?
3. how it processes event queue?, how does it dispatch event?
4. does it extract event from the event queue first and then dispatch it, or first
dispatch it and then remove from the queue?
5. if events sent to the event queue by postEvent invocations in one thread, would
it be processed in the same order, or arbitrary?