Name: rmT116609 Date: 08/28/2002
FULL PRODUCT VERSION :
java version "1.4.1-rc"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1-rc-b19)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1-rc-b19, mixed mode)
FULL OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION :
Microsoft Windows 2000 [Versione 5.00.2195]
A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :
while testing jdk 1.4.1 rc i've found some problems in jfilechooser.
1. one of the left icons label isn't localized: under italian windows I read "Recent" but it should be "Cronologia"
2. using detail view in the label for a column i read "Modificato" instead it should be "Ultima Modifica"
3.In the native win32 chooser using detail view and clicking on the label of a column permits to order the files (clickin on size column label orders file from
smaller to bigger). using jfilechooser does nothing.
4. In the native win32 chooser while using detail view there isn't an "attributes" column (tested on win2000 sp2)using jfilechooser there is an attributes column reporting file permissions
5. When jfilechooser is opened using detail view on a directory with many files it is fast on directories and slow on files (open c:\winnt and move around using the keyboard arrows, when on files it's really slow).
maybe removing the attributes column can speed up a little...
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM :
1. run notepad and open the file requester
2. run jfilechooser jfc demo, select windows lnf
3. perform some operations using the two file requesters and see the differences
This bug can be reproduced always.
(Review ID: 163684)