Tested OS : RedHat9.0
Tested build : Tiger b14
There are problems in the security dialog which appear in opening file and printing.
- Launching Jaws application manager
- Launching Notepad
- Selecting File->Open, the security dialog box appears in very thin shape vertically at the left side of the display.
* Please see the attached image, OpenFile.jpg
- Resizing the window and click "Yes".
- Only the part of the FileChooser window is displayed at the left side of the display. The most of the part is hidden.
* Please see the attached image, FileChooser.jpg.
- closing Notepad.
- Launching Notepad again.
- Selecting File->Print. The print dialog appers correctly.
- Clicking "Yes" button.
Then, it takes long time for the security dialog to appear.
It's not expected.
When it appears, it works fine after that.
This problem seems to start to happen in b13.
It is not reproducible in b12 or the some previous build.
It is not reproducible in Mantis FCS and 1.4.2_01.
* If you don't close Notepad after reproducing 1) problem, the same phenomnon as 1) occur in 2)Print though it takes long time for the dialog to appear with the thin shape vertically.
And it's vice versa. If you try 2) first and try 1) after that, it takes long time for the dialog to appear.
* On RedHat8.0, this probelm is not reproducible, however, when the security daialog box appear, one more window with the full screen size and gray background appears. Then, if I select either button, Yes or No, it works fine after that.
It is reproducible also in b13, but not reproducible in b12.
* I tried the test with the 2 suggested workaround for RH9.0;
- SET LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
- rpm -i --replacefiles libc_hack.rpm
This bug occurs also with the workarounds.