This is the main tracking page for JDK 15 start-up performance.
- An exhaustive list of JDK 15 start-up performance RFEs can be found at the JDK 15 Startup Dashboard
- This page include high-level discussion of key RFEs for JDK 15.
- This page may be periodically updated during the JDK 15 development cycle. New RFEs may be added, and some RFEs listed below may be deferred to subsequent JDK releases.
RFEs targeted for JDK 15
- Lambda proxy classes loaded during dynamic CDS archive generation are stored into the CDS archive. This avoids the dynamic generation of these classes during runtime.
- This could potentially save about 7% of HelloWorld start-up time (3.3ms out of 43ms).
- Preliminary result shows about 6% improvement of HelloWorld start-up time (note that this overlaps with JDK-8236604)
(TODO) here we have investigation tasks (e.g., profiling data, prototypes) that can help us identify future optimizations. (TODO) can these be subtasks of this page?