Open JMX Console and follow the steps:
1) Switch to the Triggers tab.
2) In the Trigger Rules tree, select the available CPU Usage - JVM Process (Too High) rule.
3) In the Rule Details section, change Max trigger value to 0 %.
4) Click the Action sub-tab, and change the Trigger Action to HPROF Dump
5) VERIFY that the filename in Server file system path textbox has a complete path (not just default.hprof). If not, provide a valid filename with path.
6) Remove the file if it already exists.
7) Enable the CPU Usage - JVM Process (Too High) rule by checking the checkbox next to it.
After this we should see trigger alert dialog within few seconds but it doesnt appear and some times it appears aftr 2/3 minutes or sometimes instantaneously. Issue appears to be intermittent but it can be easily reproduced.
Was able to reproduce the issue in Win7, Ubuntu 18.04. But it looks like generic issue.