- For a process, start JMX console and switch to the Triggers tab.
- In the Trigger Rules tree, select the available CPU Usage - JVM Process (Too High) rule (Don't enable it).
- In the Rule Details section, change Max trigger value to 0 %.
- Click the Action sub-tab, and change the Trigger Action to HPROF Dump
- Enable the CPU Usage - JVM Process (Too High) rule by checking the checkbox next to it.
- Wait for a few seconds for the rule to trigger.
An alert should appear, but doesn't. Disable the rule and enable it again, now the alert appears.