Steps to reproduce.
- Run JMC and monitor an unsupported JVM ( JDK 1.6 or below, 32bit JVM, jinked Application, etc) Ideally, the unsupported JVMs should be shown with an unconnectable icon and error message while connecting to this JVM.
- But JMC allows connection to these JVMs. However, the information shown is for these JVMs are not correct.
- Verify all the information from all JMX Tabs for this JVM. It shows the details (System, Threads, etc) for JVM running JMC instead of the JVM that's shown in JVM Browser.
- The same issue exists when Heap Dump is taken for this JVM (instead of the JVM, the heap dump is taken on JMC itself)
- Try performing FlightRecording against this JVM connection.
Please find the video attached for more information.
JMC 7 does not allow connection to this JVM with the following error message, whereas JMC 8+ allows connection, flight recording, and monitoring but shows incorrect information.